Hostway Corporation is a leader in Cloud, Managed, and Managed Hosting. Hostway delivers reliable, secure, and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions to over 600,000 customers worldwide. Hostway services its clients from more than 250,000 square feet of state-of-the-art data center space, spanning four continents and 12 countries. Hostway has emerged as one of the largest cloud hosting and Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers in the world due to the company’s expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB's and large enterprises with cost effective business solutions. Hostway’s core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Email and Applications. For more information about Hostway, please visit http://www.hostway.com.
Hostway is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Technical Support Representative to work in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude towards technology, an ability to embrace new technologies, a focus on problem solving, and customer satisfaction.
Our Support Team is a diverse, tight-knit group of individuals with a wide range of specialties in hardware, networking, security, programming, Linux, Windows, and e-mail. The role of a Technical Support Representative at Hostway involves providing support to our customers over the phone and through email, hands-on server assistance, a high degree of troubleshooting/problem resolution, and working on projects in a team-oriented environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellent technical assistance via phone or email.
• Identify the true nature of problems, and provide accurate and timely responses.
• Maintain sufficient understanding of past and current operating systems and applications to troubleshoot a wide-array of technical issues.
• Multi-task and understand workflow management to effectively handle multiple requests.
• Understand troubleshooting concepts and apply them accordingly.
• Participate in the active development of a team environment.
• Solve complex, multi-department issues, seeing them through to resolution.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum of 1-3 years of proven technical support experience.
• Minimum of a high school diploma.
• Ability to work a rotating shift in Downtown Vancouver
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed. Must be fluent in English.
• Solid understanding of web hosting and internet technologies.
• Expertise troubleshooting DNS, web hosting and email issues.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Programming/scripting experience
• Experience with SQL
• Linux proficiency
To be considered, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number TSR020714JV.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 7, 2014 3:58 PM PST
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
Since opening our doors in 1998, Hostway has been committed to bringing the power of the Internet to our customers across the globe with innovative and easy-to-use products that are supported by unmatched customer service. One of the top-five leading Web hosting companies, our experience gives us the skills to guide our customers through the process of getting on the Web by continually developing new, easy-to-use... more