Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a cross-functional feature team to deliver complete, high-quality, end-to-end solutions
• Embraces change, collaborates with both technical and product people, and understands the concept of using tests to document/update requirements and drive development
• Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to deliver product increments to customers, including participation in Product Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Coach and organize the testing work of developers, review their test design and test results to confirm whether the deliverables fulfill the established functional and technical requirements
• Drive and perform test execution, particularly in verifying the release quality to ensure that functionality, usability, performance, and security are meeting users’ expectations
• Review and ensure that the testing methodology, process and approaches used to design and execute the tests are properly aligned with product and project expectations
• Co-assess risks of development and release
• Investigate and implement adequate test automation solutions and testing tools to maximize test coverage and efficiency
• Discover, report, and investigate software issues, monitor and follow up the fix progress, and verify and regression test the fix result
• Ensure that the necessary development and test documentation is created and maintained
• Post-secondary degree in computer science, technical diploma or related industry experience
• Over 2 years of software testing and QA experience
• Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle, test-driven development process, Agile/Scrum methodology, and CI practice
• Proficient technical skills, and capability to team up with programmers to plan and design automate unit and integration tests
• Extensive experience in functional test plan and design, functional and non-functional requirement review, and black box test case creation and execution
• Strong experience with exploratory testing
• Hands-on experience writing database queries for backend testing and verification
• Proficiency with web service and data validation testing
• Knowledge of performance and security test tools in a distributed client/server environment
• Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
• Very strong collaboration skills and passion for work in a team environment with ability to resolve conflicts and align people
• Ability to work as part of a self-directed and self-managed team
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
• Programming experience (in any language, particularly Node.js and Angular.js) is an asset
• Knowledge and experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL, is a plus
What we offer:
• Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
• Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
• Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
- Move Canada
- Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an... more