Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you test applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about them? Is testing what makes you tick?
Test Engineers are not only manually testing here at Capital One. You are writing scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code.
Do you excel working in a collaborative, test driven environment and thrive to learn more about your craft? Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Test Engineers who are passionate about coding to join our team!
This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in building large scale reliable applications to impact the way that Capital One does business.
You will participate in development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and collaborate with other team members.
You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with developers to find defects
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct exploratory testing and code review to ensure high level quality
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide third level support of software solution as needed
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience with test engineering
- Bachelors Degree in computer science
- 5 years experience with test engineering
- Experience with Ruby and Cucumber
- Experience with testing in an Agile environment
- Date Posted:
- Mar 26, 2015 10:26 AM PDT
- Capital One
- Capital One
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Capital One® Financial Corporation is an international financial services company known for innovation in the credit card marketplace. The company pioneered low introductory rate, balance transfer and fixed rate products in North America. Capital One has offered consumers a range of competitive Canadian credit cards since 1996, when the company introduced the first Platinum MasterCard® to this... more