Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
NOC Job Title: Graphical User Interface (GUI) Developer
Vancouver, British Columbia
We're looking for a seasoned UI Developer in Vancouver who will empower our design and engineering teams to create awesome UI. You'll be an expert resource on front-end technology and you'll ensure our UI development can scale at the rate the rest of our company is.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Diploma in Digital Design and Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design
- In-depth Knowledge of HTML and CSS, with a proven ability in writing efficient and semantic markup
- Proficient with the ins and outs of Sass or Less preprocessors (Sass preferred)
- Experience working on a Rails app, and understand the views & templates (both ERB and Haml) and you have a solid understanding of MVC.
- Experience with the challenges of growing a codebase. You know how to build component based scalable and modular CSS
- Knowledge of PHP, Phonegap, and Action Script 3 is an asset
- In depth knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Adobe Flash, and After Effects
- You have a natural eye for minimal design and good composition, and you obsess about details, interactions, and delighting users.
- You have a creative eye with extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of a successful SaaS startup in an asset
- Championing and teaching coding standards for CSS/Sass & HTML and helping to fine-tune our asset architecture and delivery pipeline.
- Help our design team build and maintain a living style guide of design patterns and UI components.
- Be an expert resource on the latest front end technology (responsive, retina images & pixel density, CSS3 features like flexbox, etc) so that we can deliver the best page building product to our marketing customers.
- Work closely with the UX and Dev teams to improve existing features, and build new ones
- Most importantly you will be a pleasure to work with and will contribute to our awesome culture!
Please visit the following link in order to get some more information on our company and apply for this position: http://careers.unbounce.com/ui-developer/
200 - 717 West Pender St
Vancouver, BC V6C 1G9
- 4 weeks vacation (20 days)
- $1000 vacation allowance once you return from your vacation
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years (most years)
- MSP coverage for employee and their family
- Extended Medical and Dental, Short Term disability, Long term disability, and life insurance (details attached)
- $500 Networking Budget
- Passport Points Recognition program
- Ongoing support feedback and reviews
How to Apply
Expiring: March 04, 2015
- Date Posted:
- Aug 26, 2014 12:05 PM PDT
Create, Publish and Optimize Landing Pages without IT. Unbounce is the fastest and most powerful DIY landing page platform, designed with one thing in mind: Conversion. A simpler and more streamlined workflow so your marketing team can focus on creating, publishing and measuring your campaigns without the usual bottleneck associated with working with IT or developers. more