Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Get to know EventMobi through this fun short video first! http://www.eventmobi.com/careers/#video
We at EventMobi develop a platform to help events & conferences create their own mobile apps and manage their events more easily. We are growing our talented team, and are looking for a UI / UX Designer (Product) to help make an impact!
In the past year we’ve more than tripled our growth & our software now services 5000+ events and millions of users worldwide. We’re expecting that growth to continue again (while still being bootstrapped with no external funding) and if you are interested in helping us build out our new products, and meet the next set of challenges, let’s chat!
This is a very fast-paced role, and we need energetic, creative individuals looking for an opportunity to grow with a young startup, get your hands dirty, and provide your insight in all aspects of mobile and web products, as well as all aspects of user experience and visual communication.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Ideation on new features and products with executive and development teams
- Well rounded production skills. Ability to take an idea from wireframes and UX research, to pixel perfect design
- Bonus ability to translate design comps to HTML / CSS code ready to deliver to the engineering team
- A knack for process and workflow refinement. Leading and contributing to our internal design process and culture.
Challenges we’re currently tackling (and you could be too):
- Bringing native app experiences to the mobile web (through chat apps, networking apps, social sharing experiences)
- Designing real-time dashboards and data visualizations
- Architecting new gamification and online to offline experiences
- Simplifying a complex set of products and unifying them under a single core user interface
- A strong portfolio showcasing your mobile and web application work
- Understanding of HTML5 / CSS3 (bonus if tools like SASS, Stylus, or LESS)
- Minimum 1-3 years of professional UI/UX work experience
- Knowledge of human computer interaction and design principles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- High degree of interest in usability and studying to understand our users needs in depth
- Comfortable in a very fast-paced environment with high degrees of autonomy
What you’ll get at EventMobi:
- Competitive salary with a bonus structure
- Health coverage, company retreats & other perks
- A small, extremely smart & open-minded team that is passionate about cutting edge mobile and web technologies
- A completely transparent, open, and collaborative environment
- All of our designers & engineers attend a conference of their choice, with travel, all paid for
- Free breakfast every morning
- Your choice of workstation (MacBook Air? Thunderbolt display? you name it)
- The ability to try new things, fail and learn, and be as creative you can be. We do not understand limits!
- o Apply:
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
EventMobi is the most popular event app platform for conferences and tradeshows worldwide. Create an app for your event in minutes, enhance attendee experience and increase sponsorship opportunities with an event app that works across all devices and even works without an internet connection. Comprehensive and cost-effective for small and large events, EventMobi makes mobile event apps simple. more