A Little About Us:
Armed with a handful of gifted developers Big Viking Games sailed into action in 2011, set on taking the social and mobile gaming world by storm. From Facebook to iOS, Big Viking Games has demonstrated a mastery of the free-to-play model on a variety of platforms. In four short years, we've grown from humble beginnings in London, ON to just over 100 Vikings with a second development studio in Toronto, ON. In addition, Big Viking Games has been recognized as a Top 10 Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Places to Work Institute as well as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (SME) and Canada’s Best Employers for Young People. With even bigger goals for 2016, we will need reinforcements. And that's where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is looking to add a UI / UX Designer to our free-to-play mobile development division, and the successful applicant will have the option to be based at either of our London, ON or Toronto, ON studios.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Producers, Art Director and Game -Designers to create effective user experience
- Independently and collaboratively, work with the team in order to develop UI workflow and design
- Create wireframes, workflow diagrams, mockups and design specifications for proper implementation
- Maintain UX-related documentation as needed throughout the lifecycle of the project
- As a self-motivated individual and triage expert, you will prioritize deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver top quality work while working under tight deadlines
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with your teammates and fellow Vikings
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in the gaming industry, preference given to those that have working in the mobile space previously
- Previous experience creating UI for mobile games
- Strong understanding of mobile and interactive design fundamentals
- Advanced communications and interpersonal skills
- Expert Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of top grossing mobile gaming products
- An understanding / passion for marketing and branding
- Proficiency in Zbrush, Mudbox or other 3D modelling suites
- Previously shipped games, ideally mobile
- An understanding of statistics, analytics and AB testing
- Competitive salaries & participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including general time off policies.
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot catered lunches. Viking can't work on an empty stomach!
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 23, 2016 2:33 PM PST
- Big Viking Games
- Big Viking Games
- London, Ontario, Canada
Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. The company focuses on making fans both externally and internally and has been recognized as the Globe and Mail's Top 100 Employer for 2014 and Top 50 Employer for Young People. With studios in London, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the... more