Is your first language design? Are you bursting with talent in visual communication? Does your portfolio inspire and impress other designers? If so, you could be a great candidate for our UI/UX Designer role.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional visual design skills who is highly adept in solving interactive problems. Someone that understands there’s much more to design than aesthetic appeal. We’re looking for an innovator with strong vision and keen attention to detail. Do you get excited when you’re working with an intuitive user interface? Alternatively, do poorly designed websites and software products drive you crazy? If so, let’s talk.
In this position, you’ll be involved in both internal development projects and external client projects, from concept to completion. From designing software interfaces to icon creation, you’ll find each day provides new creative challenges and experiences. You’ll work with a team of exceptional software developers to help develop and deliver cutting edge technology.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to build new skills and gain experience in a young, dynamic and growing company with an evolving design team. Depending on the overall skill set, we’re interested in candidates at all experience levels. We’re looking for the right fit for the role and the team.
In-house duties may include:
• Storyboard user interfaces for new software applications
• Assist with building and implementing the user interface, coordinating with backend developers for any advanced functionality.
• Brand/iconography design and development
• Administration and design of corporate websites
Client-specific duties may include:
• Work directly with clients to assess their needs and meet their requirements
• Design customized interfaces for mapping applications based on client needs
• Write and implement help content for customized applications
• Create custom graphics/user interfaces for client applications
• Gathering and incorporating client feedback on user interface and application design
• Creativity, talent, attention to detail.
• A great portfolio that showcases deep visual and interaction design skills.
• Demonstrable skills in visual communication, layout, typography, iconography, color harmony, branding & UI design.
• The ability to clearly articulate your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf.
• The experience and aptitude to combine design (artistry) with implementation (engineering) to take a concept all the way through to a finished product.
• Knowledge in multiple form factor, cross-device, and cross-platform usability, development, and testing is an asset.
• Knowledge of geography, GIS, and Internet mapping an asset.
How To Apply
If you think you have skills that would match our needs, we'd like to hear from you.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF preferred).
- Date Posted:
- Dec 28, 2014 10:53 AM PST
- Latitude Geographics
- Latitude Geographics
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
At Latitude Geographics, we believe that geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions that affect their lives, society, and the world around us. We channel our energy into developing Geocortex software and providing related services. We help hundreds of customers and partners around the world maximize their success with Esri web-based mapping technology. Esri... more