Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also empower them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Platinum Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of finance” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a proven, experienced, innovative and ambitious UX/UI Designer (Pixel Artist) to be an essential part of our overall online customer experience – and that makes you kind of a big deal. We need someone who has an above-average eye for design, a portfolio stacked with award winning online experiences and a “roll with the punches” kind of attitude. You will work within the front-end team among talented designers and developers and collaborate with product owners to create UX & UI solutions for some fundamental pieces of our online user experience – website landing pages, product applications, member portal and other parts of our online customer experience. The designer we’re looking for is fluent in a mobile-first & responsive design with a strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3, frameworks & grids. Check out the requirements below and if you have the goods, let us know.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a design-related discipline (digital media, interaction design, etc.)
- 3- 5 years professional experience with visual design for mobile-first & responsive websites and SaaS interfaces
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Advanced experience with user-centric design, with a functionality and usability-first approach
- Advanced experience with tools and principles of user-centered design, human-computer interaction, human factors, information architecture, heuristic analysis, content strategy, usability testing, and UX best practices
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, frameworks and responsive grids with an understanding of how design choices translate in development
- A strong portfolio that includes UX & UI designs for e-commerce websites (B2C), and shows approach to user experience
- Proficiency in industry tools including Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq and Axure
- Advanced ideation skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation
- Have a strong online portfolio available for review
- A passion for data-driven designs, and ability to support UX & UI solutions with data & research
- Ability to take feedback, without ego, and turn it into rock-solid design solutions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, communicate progress and expected milestones and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and high comfort-level when working with stakeholders to gather requirements, perform user research, and write/maintain user acceptance criteria
- Ability to translate research and requirements into specifications and prototypes that can be referred to by our front-end and back-end development teams during implementation
- Ability to prioritize projects, and communicate progress and expected milestones
- A multitasker; comfortable juggling multiple tasks, projects and requirements with ease and ability to shift between projects at a moment's notice
- Willingness to go above-and-beyond required tasks and prescribed duties when required
- Date Posted:
- Apr 20, 2016 1:00 AM PDT
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is not a bank—by design. It’s a financial technology company focused on offering Canadians a more convenient and engaging digital alternative to the banks. With over 200K members and growing, we are using technology and design to offer consumers online and mobile access to solutions that are designed to help recover and improve their financial health. Whether looking to borrow... more