Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6 CA (Primary)
Now is your chance to join our team. ClearlyContacts.ca is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Marketing team as a UX Designer.
You live and breathe interactive design & user experiences. You create eye-popping experiences that engage consumers with brands and drive them to buy. You work well with others in a collaborative environment and want to work for a dynamic, exciting company where you can grow and contribute to the long-term value of a brand. If you have a work hard, play hard type of personality then we are the right fit for you!
Key Responsibilities of a UX Designer:
- Conceive and develop well-crafted user experiences with teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements and user stories into visually excellent solutions
- Work with the marketing optimization function to translate analytics data to support design decisions.
- Ability to work in collaborative teams leading brainstorm discussions and the discovery process.
- Develop feature design briefs, logic flows and screen wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps within evolving technology, business, and time constraints.
- Organize information to create visualizations of content to achieve brands objective by sequencing and relating elements; preparing storyboards; applying principles of human-computer interaction, comprehension, learning, and aesthetics
- Design web, mobile and social experiences.
- Author, own and present UX deliverables such as story boards, site maps, wireframes, prototypes and final mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Work with product & research team to define research methodologies and participate in user testing or fieldwork and the presentation of findings as required.
- Foster a positive team environment, mentor colleagues, and encourage the development of skills within the Innovation team through example, sharing and inspiration.
- Technically proficient with Adobe Suite Experienced in Wireframes, storyboarding, user journey etc.
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- 5+ years of work experience in a UI/UX role OR demonstrated design experience as a graduate with proven ability to work in a team setting.
- Experience in designing for E-Commerce.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design
- Demonstrated user-centered approach to design with strong experience in information architecture and usability best practices.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Demonstrates a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team and will be driven to enhance your creative and technical skills.
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills, detail oriented mind set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong presentation skills and able to interact with all levels of management and all users at different technical levels of expertise.
- Strong work ethic and self driven.
- Ability to work both as team and individually.
- Must love Unicorns (or other mythical creatures)
- Group RSP and ESP programs
- Extended medical benefits
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation, after 2 years of employment – 3 weeks paid vacation, after 4 years of employment – 4 weeks paid vacation
- Brand new, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Group activities (past events: paintball, beach BBQ, Playland, dinner cruise)
- Subsidized fitness and wellness programs
- Refer a friend and get $500!
- Date Posted:
- Mar 31, 2015 1:36 PM PDT