FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – UX Manager
You are user experience obsessed with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop people, and processes, enabling the team to deliver extraordinary experiences for our customers. You will be responsible for building and nurturing a talented team of UX Designers to continuously learn and improve their craft. At the same time, you’ll be evolving our UX practices to ensure they are agile, and able to adapt to the changing needs of the business and our customers.
Specifically this position includes:
- Building the UX team including hiring, and professional development
- Helping the team prioritize and manage their workload
- Challenging, improving and growing our existing UX practices
- Building and refining our UX Pattern Library, UX templates, design principles and interface copywriting guidelines
- Developing our User Research Program, and integrating it with our agile product development framework
- Acting as a key member of the Product Development leadership team and driving the development of a world class UX discipline
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You’ve done this before – you have at least two years experience successfully leading and developing a UX team
- You have been responsible for creating and/or evolving UX guidelines an patterns
- You have a demonstrable track record of innovative user-centred design thinking
- You’re results oriented with the ability to manage a team dealing with multiple deadlines and projects
- You have strong collaboration skills and a knack for bringing out the best in your team and colleagues
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today along with a link to your excellent portfolio. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
- Date Posted:
- Aug 14, 2014 7:30 PM PDT
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more