Vancouver, BC, Canada
You have built a career by translating functional requirements, customer data and workflows into intuitive designs. You are an entrepreneur at heart and what floats your boat is finding ways to create an exceptional customer experience that is reflective of who we are and what makes home renovation and buying online simple.
As a User Experience Manager you will use your killer combination of skills to interpret customer needs through qualitative and quantitative data and your empathetic nature to move the team forward. This is an opportunity to design for interfaces that serve very distinct user groups and innovative solutions for the ecommerce industry. You thrive in a high growth organization, which takes learning seriously and cares truly, madly, and deeply about our customers, suppliers and our team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, coach and develop a set of UX designers, visual designers and user researchers
- Represent your team in collaboration with other teams, peers, managers and leadership
- Ensure that projects are well-resourced while considering team member’s work-life balance
- Mentor all members of the team
- Make recommendations and strong cases that may change the perspective and priorities of product management based on customer data
- Participate in design review and encourage effective iterations
- Jump in head first when the team needs someone to stand in the gap for any of the cross-functional areas within the team
- Create strategies with product management that can more efficiently reach out to customers
- Work closely with Visual Designers and the research team to create data-driven designs
- Educate other teams on how to best work with UX and to continue to refine this process
- Identify current UX best practices and create recommendations based on them, keeping in mind if it will affect conversion
- Create strategies and ideas that challenge the existing industry by disruption using customer data
What You’ll Achieve
- Actively work with the UX and Visual Design team to create a set of UI standards
- Create a strategy for converting existing and new initiatives into responsive solutions where possible
- Create a set of customer workflows with real customer data/research
What You Need to Know
- Experience in managing a team an asset
- 5-7 years' experience creating wireframes, mockups and information architecture
- Proficient in developing mid-level wireframes and prototypes using industry tools like Sketch, Axure and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in handling cross-browser/cross-platform issues and web standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse non-technical audience
- Experience in creating/supporting online communities and social media an asset
- Customer-oriented designs that focus on customer needs and workflow
- Visual and Graphic design experience an asset
- Collaborative spirit that helps the team improve overall
- In-depth knowledge of e-commerce/retail and shopping cart technologies an asset
- Can balance good user experience while managing high converting solutions
- HCI Degree, Design degree, Interaction Design Degree or equivalent experience
What You Must Have
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
A little more about us….
BuildDirect is a privately held technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With our BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, we can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will best perform.
We love the people we work with and the culture we’ve built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
BuilddDirect offers an environment where you will have a chance to learn and work in a team based setting with exceptional people. We provide an open atmosphere where better ways of doing things are encouraged, and people are inspired to perform at their fullest potential.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 23, 2015 1:01 AM PST
- BuildDirect Technologies
- BuildDirect Technologies
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BuildDirect is a technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With its BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, the company can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will... more