Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions. With the recent launch of Samsung KNOX™, we are now looking for experienced and talented individuals for our Vancouver lab to design, develop, operate and support these new solutions in the global market.
As the Head of UX Design, you will be leading UX Design function and the local team consisting of Creative/Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Research and Production Design/delivery.
UX Design is tasked to ensure we create compelling, usable, beautiful and desirable digital design on the products and services Vancouver Enterprise Lab is building. The team also is involved in projects in other locations and drives overall design direction for Samsung KNOX and other enterprise mobility solutions.
As the Head of UX Design, you will be an inspiring leader with strong UX vision, extremely good communication skills and solid management skills. Your work will involve close interaction and co-operation with various stakeholders in North America as well as Korea and other parts of the world.
Leading Interactive Design Practice:
• Ensuring visuals meet basic human factors guidelines
• Training and enforcing User Centered Design process (as much as possible)
• Reviewing and organizing user testing
• Facilitating team work between: Interactive with Visual with Usability
• Ensuring usability results cycled in to development cycle
• Developing expected standards for creative and technical excellence
• Ensuring the team is up-to-date with cutting edge design ideas, concepts and creativity in terms of skills, abilities, resources and procedures.
• Understanding upcoming projects and ensuring adequate resources are available either within the team or via contractor or hiring
• Project manage contractors/ consultants, and team members to ensure productivity, deliverables, requirements are being met.
• Manager internal stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met (P.O, R&D, Business)
• Manage, facilitate, and prioritize requests for UX Design team and act as the sole point of contact for other business units within Samsung
• Manage timelines/ deliverables
• Create job description, coordinate posting, interview, work with HR to grow and build the team as required by the business needs
• Budget and estimate costs for team, User testing, usability lab, equipment, competitive devices, SW and HW upgrades.
Training and Development; Building a strong, functional and creative team:
• Developing and lunch and learns
• Developing procedures, and training materials as required
• Strategic Planning, and roadmapping
• Collaborate with managers to define which projects are completed and which resources will be working on them
• Identify gaps in existing work and define ways that UX team can work to fill gap.
• Work with teams to ensure UX considered in creating concepts- then defining UX role within concept.
• Define UX roles on all projects to ensure deliverables are understood at the beginning.
Be a contributing member of the management team in regards to Hiring/ recruiting/ retention, building morale, education/ training and leading by example
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or higher (Masters preferred) in Interaction Design, Human Factors or relevant fields
• Needs to have formal competency (theory and practice) with various design processes and preferably in various areas of design.
• Functional experience in design creation and also strong proven track record in leading people and teams. Also, experience in managing in multi-cultural environment is a must, including exposure and presenting to senior management.
• Minimum 15 years experience in the field.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 3, 2014 3:07 PM PDT
- Samsung Electronics Canada
SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE… JOIN US! Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions.... more