The number of businesses using Social Media has exploded. They’re becoming more sophisticated, more demanding and need solutions that keep pace. With more than 7 million of the worlds most active and influential users of Social Media onboard, including 79 of the Fortune 100, HootSuite is the Social Media Management solution businesses around the world turn to for help.
Operating in this competitive market requires constant innovation and forward thinking product development. To outpace the market, Hootsuite has established Hootsuite Labs, an organization within the company, charged with fostering innovation and developing new products. The group is made up of seasoned industry veterans and highly talented developers and designers. The Lab is currently growing and is looking for a UX/UI Designer.
In this role, you will report to the Director of New Products and be responsible for working with the development team in the design and development of new products. Project requirements will vary from project to project so the ideal candidate will be able to work within a wide variety of formats. You can expect to work on everything from mobile and web apps to chrome extensions. Your skills will be tested as you bring ideas from rough sketches to high fidelity wireframes, and all the way to production. This role will also give the successful applicant a front row seat into the strategic direction of the company as it is in The Lab’s mandate to integrate any merger-related activity.
UX & UI Design
- Research best practices in UX and interface design
- Produce and maintain interactive wireframes
- Use Photoshop and deliver PSD or sliced assets of pixel-perfect, beautiful designs.
- When appropriate can test design ideas using CSS and Ajax as a way of building interactive prototypes
- Design and produce graphics and material to support marketing initiatives
- Work with the team to ensure that projects are planned and delivered in a timely and predictable manner
- Capture and deliver products based on the requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser consistency, and mobile optimization is expected.
- An amazing portfolio
- Some experience in frontend implementation in HTML/CSS.
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with software design and best development practices.
- Very organized with a keen attention to detail
- Experience operating in a startup environment (ie. working autonomously, needing little direction, comfortable with ambiguity, etc.)
- Date Posted:
- Nov 18, 2013 3:39 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more