Building disruptive, cutting edge products requires solid experience in Information Security to support rapid growth and technology adoptions in a highly reliable and secure environment. We’re on the hunt for an experienced Information Security expert who is a recognized leader in best practices and standards for protection the information of the business and our customers to lead our existing Security and Compliance team. You will be responsible for strategic guidance on all hardware, software, data, and security practices across all Production Operations and IT systems.
The ideal candidate is an articulate and persuasive thought leader who builds consensus and can serve as an effective member of the management team. Must have the ability to maintain objectivity with a strong understanding that security is one of many business activities and should enable the business and provide it a competitive advantage.
• Further develop, implement, and monitor our strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and information technology (IT) risk management program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information that is owned, controlled, or processed by Hootsuite.
• Expand, develop, and manage Hootsuite’s information security organization, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports. This includes hiring, training, staff development, and performance management .
• Manage the company's Computer Security Incident Response in conjunction with Security, General Council, and, when required, Human Resources.
• Revise, refine, and expand information security policies, standards, and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices.
• Develop and enhance an information security management framework based on, but not limited to: the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700X, ITIL, COBIT/Risk IT, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Provide strategic risk guidance for projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
• Ensure security programs are in compliance with relevant contracts, laws, regulations, and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings.
• Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action. Report on any data exfiltration within program guidelines.
• Liaise with external agencies, such as law enforcement and other advisory bodies as necessary, to ensure the company maintains a strong security posture.
• Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees ensuring consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services, including (but not limited to) privacy, risk management, compliance and business continuity management.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security, and IT jobs including experience in a senior management role.
• Proven track record and experience in developing information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives in a dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST.
• Ability to effectively and clearly communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
• A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
• Ability to acquire both Canadian and U.S. Government security clearances.
• Bachelor degree in related fields with 12 years of related experience is required.
For a full job description please see the provided link
- Date Posted:
- Jun 5, 2014 10:04 AM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more