Complex product X massive growth = need for world class support organization.
Shopify’s customer help function has grown from a phone line manned by the CEO in 2005, to a sophisticated support organization with 100s of highly skilled Ecommerce Guru’s providing 24/7 help to our 100,000 stores around the globe. While we have multiple locations and remote Guru’s, the majority of the team is located in Ottawa and it is tightly coupled with product feedback and engineering.
Our exponential growth (we had 40,000 stores at the beginning of 2013) brings complexity and an ever increasing need to leverage people, processes, and technology to keep up with the demands and needs of our growing customer base. In order to continue to scale the support organization and keep pace with our year over year doubling, we are looking to hire a senior leader as an “Operations Lead” for Customer Support.
To be considered a candidate for this opportunity you MUST have a good mix of the following:
- experience managing a support or significant operational component of a large complex company such as production, supply chain etc;
- an ability to defend your decisions and rationales in the boardroom;
- experience with best of breed tools. Ticketing, telephony, CRM for example;
- experience managing remote employees;
- deep comfort and mastery of people, processes, and technology but with a bias towards people;
- experience within a public company (nice to have);
- experience with saas companies (nice to have).
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail, please fill in your information below. Instead of the standard cover letter, if you could answer the following questions in the “closing thoughts” box. And, please attach your CV in pdf if possible.
Q1- What is the most complex operational component you have ever handled?
Q2- What technology tools have you implemented and/or used for the running of an organizational machine?
Q3- Have you managed hundreds of people before? If so, where, and what was the hardest part?
- Date Posted:
- Jun 3, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more