FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Visual Designer
FreshBooks has a very distinct brand. We’re looking for someone with a bold sense of design and a passion for creating exceptional visual experiences that can effectively persuade customers to try new products. The balance between on-demand requests and longer-term projects requires a multi-tasker who is comfortable executing in a “roll up your sleeves” team setting.
Specifically this position includes:
- Being a highly collaborative team member focused on delivering design projects including landing pages, e-mail campaigns, banner ads, direct-mail or hand-out print materials and PowerPoint presentations
- Deeply understanding our customers and what motivates their behaviours, and reflecting that back in your deliverables
- Communicating the status of all of your deliverables
- Conducting design reviews with peers; providing them with suggestions to improve as well as developing your work based on their feedback
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- You love Art & Graphic Design so much you studied them in College or University
- You’ve done this before – you have at least two years experience in a similar role
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Direct Marketing design principles
- You have a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Advanced skills in industry standard design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Bonus points if you can write HTML and CSS, or have experience laying-out eBooks
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build a world-class one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today along with a link to your excellent online portfolio that includes both digital and print work. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
- Date Posted:
- Aug 14, 2014 7:32 PM PDT
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more