Vancouver, BC, Canada
Its 2016 and we are really excited. We have had some big projects in the works for a while and soon we’ll be completely changing the way people shop for their home improvement products. What does this mean for you? As we grow, we have found we need someone dedicated to business-focused design work and are now looking for a Presentation and Graphic Designer who is highly creative, hardworking, and detail-oriented to join our close-knit, collaborative group.
As the Presentation and Graphic designer, you are able to conceptualize ideas graphically with minimal instruction, excel at visual storytelling and art direction of content. This includes designing presentations, creating infographics, visuals for social media, and, when necessary, coordinating with other designers, production artists, freelancers, photographers, illustrators, prepress technicians and printers. Best of all, this is a great opportunity to grow your talent: You'll be challenged to bring a fresh voice and design sense to the table.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with PR & Communications to concept and plan execution for a variety of design projects, with a focus on presentation support for the CEO
- Create designs for executive and company-wide presentations, infographics, social media and internal marketing initiatives
- Develop tactics which bring creative concepts to life and achieve objectives
- Participate in design innovation by recommending new technologies, techniques and creative approaches
- Manipulate graphic and vector images with artistic flare for internal brand development
- Use editing software to optimize external images for promotional purposes
- Consistently follow and upgrade company brand guidelines
What You’ll Achieve
- Develop a work flow process for team members to engage with you within first month
- Review and improve existing creative assets (company presentations, templates, graphics, images etc.) within first month
- Bolster BuildDirect’s creative offering on social media and digital advertising within first two months
- Develop a creative plan to support ongoing communications and marketing campaign activities throughout 2016 (we have lots of stuff in the pipeline!)
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 years’ design experience, preferably within a fast-paced agency environment
- Degree or Diploma in Arts, Fine Arts, Web/Graphic Design, Advertising/Public Relations
- Experience with designing and preparing executive presentations and templates, digital marketing design and social media and creating original infographics/data visualization.
- Fluidity with both Mac and PC
- Expertise in PowerPoint and the Microsoft Office Suite is a must
- Familiarity with Apple’s Keynote
- A professional level knowledge of industry standard design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite (ie. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects).
- Knowledge of the trends in presentation design
- Experience using Wordpress
- Understanding of color theory
- Experience with print standards
- Ability to draw, colorize, vectorize graphics
What You Must Have
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
A little more about us…
We love the people we work with and the culture we’ve built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
BuildDirect is the world’s largest online marketplace for home improvement products. We have transformed how consumers access and purchase home improvement products by building the only online marketplace that offers the widest selection of products at the best value, direct-to-home shipping, and free virtual design tools. Suppliers are able to leverage the marketplace to showcase and sell their home improvement products directly to consumers, helping homeowners get a simple and more trusted online shopping experience.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 17, 2015 1:01 AM PST
- BuildDirect Technologies
- BuildDirect Technologies
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BuildDirect is a technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With its BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, the company can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will... more