Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
You are an innovative, dynamic individual looking for an environment with the agility of a startup and the resources of a well-funded company. You want to personally make a difference building products that not only delight customers but also achieve market success. You want to join an all-star team being formed right now, and help build the the UI around Samsung's KNOX platform. You are an entrepreneur at heart but have the professional maturity to know what it takes to develop something with global reach.
We are looking for a Visual Designer to work in our User Experience team. The visual designer will work closely with all members of our User Experience team to develop visual concepts, style guides and graphical assets for web and mobile. The Visual Designers work with both interaction designers and user researchers to take ideas and translate them into concepts.
Development of Visuals Style Guides:
- Mood Boards
- Colour Palettes (that work with Brand guidelines)
- Style Guides
- Full visual concepts
- Development of graphical assets for web and mobile
- Development of visualizations (data to image to communicate information)
- Support graphics for presentations
- Icon development
- Brainstorming sessions
- Diploma or degree in Graphic, Digital, Communication Design, Interactive Arts and Design, or similar.
- Excellent skills in graphic design and UI design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Refined sensibility of typography, layout, colour and composition
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in web design. Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience in mobile design an advantage
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in graphic design, visual design or similar
The successful applicant will be:
- An energetic team player
- Detail oriented! (pixel perfect deliveries)
- Flexible: we work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Proactive problem solver
- Living and breathing in the grid
- Interested in User Centered Design
- Interested in Usability
Please attach samples or online portfolio to your resume
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 3, 2014 3:20 PM PDT
- Samsung Electronics Canada
SAMSUNG IS THE FUTURE… JOIN US! Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung. Samsung is making big steps into enterprise mobility with a wide range of device and SW solutions.... more