Vogogo is an exciting, well-funded startup in the payment processing space. With skyrocketing interest in crypto-currencies (“Bitcoin”), and the public’s desire for disruption in our industry, Vogogo is uniquely positioned to capitalize on market opportunities and create explosive growth.
We’re building a “dream team” of Calgary’s best talent by hiring experienced, pragmatic, and smart indi-viduals who share our vision and can simply “get things done”.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Vogogo, you would be in on the ground floor of a small product de-velopment team — designing, building, testing, and deploying amazing features and new technology in a fast-paced startup environment.
You would be a key hire and expected to work closely with the CTO by taking responsibility for high level business goals, creating solutions, and delivering value to our customers.
• Passion for learning and doing cool things that matter.
• Ability to discuss “cutting edge” development practices and technology.
• Experience developing both front-end and back-end web applications.
• Understanding of web-based APIs and sophisticated 3rd party software integrations.
• Proven ability to quickly adopt and use many different programming languages and tools.
• Knowledge of performance, scale, availability, and best-practice software design.
• DevOps mentality, including sharing responsibility for deploys and production environments.
• Exposure to high levels of automated testing and developer-driven QA.
• Strong team and communication skills, while being able to self-manage.
• Ability to thrive in a changing, business-driven startup environment.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• A Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering is an asset.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 24, 2014 10:43 AM PDT