Gravit-e Technologies is a custom software and web application development firm based in downtown Vancouver. We are seeking a web application developer who is capable of handling the development and maintenance of various custom software and SaaS applications in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will have an opportunity to work on a diverse range of interesting projects for clients ranging from startups, to non-profits, to large organizations. Currently, we are working on projects in areas including business intelligence, SaaS, healthcare and automation, among others.
- This is a full time position located in the downtown Vancouver area.
- This position offers significant opportunities for education and advancement.
- While there will be an opportunity to telecommute part of the time, you will be spending a majority of your time working from our office.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with other members of our team to develop and maintain a variety of web applications, primarily using PHP and MySQL
- Implement integrations with external systems and applications
- Involvement in all steps of application development including: requirements analysis, prototyping, implementation, testing and rollout
- Staying on top of the latest trends in application development, including emerging standards, frameworks and best practices.
Education & Experience
- 2+ years of relevant development experience
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency working with PHP and MySQL
- Familiarity with one or more PHP web application frameworks: Laravel, CakePHP, Zend, etc.
- Experience working with REST APIs and JSON data
- Solid understanding of and experience in applying object-oriented programming principles
- Ability to write clean, standards compliant HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with cross-browser issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.) on all major platforms.
- Experience with Subversion, Git or other version control systems.
- Must have a desire for continuous growth and be a quick learner
- Proven attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under pressure/deadlines
- Able to work both independently and in a team-based environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with Mac OS X and Linux, including the command line
- Experience with Python, Node.js or .NET development
- Experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience integrating with or developing custom plugins for Drupal or Wordpress
- Familiarity with AngularJS, Ember, or Backbone
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, a flexible working environment, and telecommuting options.
Interested? Please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the quantity of applications, please do not contact us to ask about the status of your application or apply in person.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 22, 2015 2:48 PM PDT
- Gravit-e Technologies
- Gravit-e Technologies
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Gravit-e develops and hosts custom business software and web applications for small, rapidly growing companies. We help companies that are struggling with inefficient manual processes and ad-hoc information systems to automate business processes. Our specialty is the development of custom web applications for niche industries, companies that are striving to be industry leaders, and others for... more