Tugboat is looking for you and your special gifts:
- Awareness of screen design behaviours, including typography, colour, and image rendering
- Ability to differentiate 10px Helvetica from Arial, and how either is better than Geneva
- Interest in current design trends and usability
- Moderate to moderate-strong opinions on over/under use of footers
- Ability to design sustainable architectures using content management systems
- Preference for pixels over points
- Interest in designing for accessibility, search engines, human beings, robot overlords
- Ability to wireframe from provided information architecture
HTML / CSS / JS
- Awareness of (and grudging distaste for) CSS browser hacks
- Fluency with media-specific style sheets (screen, print, mobile)
- Strong opinions on Webkit/Gecko/Trident 6/7/8
- Awareness of mail clients and HTML limitations/manglings
- jQuery, Prototype, or Scriptaculous?
- How 'bout that HTML5?
- Proven experience with WordPress, Drupal, or other CMS/templating system
- PHP/MySQL a bonus (willingness to learn is acceptable)
- Knowledge of email client rendering and how to write HTML & CSS for them
- Animation/ActionScripting ability is always good. Expertise is great.
- Hand-coding via text editor, and you wouldn't have it any other way, right?
Tugboat is a small agency offering the gamut. You'll need to be comfortable rubbing shoulders with print designers, marketers, writers, developers, creatives and couriers. We serve AOR clients and project-based clients alike, and work in a two level open office that pitches quality, rolls camaraderie, and heaves collaboration. We don't have an office dog.
To apply for this position, reply to this post with your CV and cover letter. A link to your online portfolio with application UI design work is a requirement. We'll want to see some code.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 26, 2013 12:09 AM PDT
- Tugboat Group
Vancouver's Tugboat Group develops winning marketing strategies, striking identities and influential communications tools that empower small businesses to advance their brands and increase revenues – efficiently, unmistakably and sustainably. The integrated communications strategies we conceive and the methods we employ vary in degree, scope and application but simplicity drives what we do, how we do it and who we... more