We're looking for a Designer to join our team, someone who's been around the block few times. It's a full time position in the Gastown area.
You will be planning and designing responsive websites in collaboration with our Art Director. We're looking for someone that's equally adept at solving business problems through design as they are setting type.
The fundamentals of good design is agnostic to medium, and we prefer a candidate who is well rounded. Your work should be crafted with purpose and utility, and you will be expected to present work regularly to the internal team and clients alike. The ability to articulate ideas and communicate directly with clients is paramount.
You will be on our information gathering and discovery team, write creative summaries, assemble mood boards, build wireframes, design responsive websites, present work and collaborate with developers. You'll often work on very interesting and unique products. You may have to stay in some of the nicest resorts in the world, but there are certainly worse things in life to ponder.
We want to make it clear that we're not looking for a Dribbble super hero. We are looking for a person that looks at design holistically, uses it to solve real business problems, and is not bound by a single aesthetic or trend.
- 2 - 3 years professional experience designing for the screen
- Ability to translate brand characteristics, personalities, and business goals into successful design solutions
- Know your way around Adobe Suite
- General familiarity with HTML and CSS (at the very least, a rudimentary understanding of how things work under the hood)
- A fundamental understanding of usability principles for the web, awareness of the opportunities and limitations of designing for the multiscreen world
- The ability to write meaningfully about the strategy and purpose of design
- Comfortable communicating with client teams, leading discussions on design and translating needs into solutions
- A great attitude and a lack of ego. Design prima-donnas need not apply
- Ability to write code. A willingness to jump into the mark-up and make tweaks to type, layout, colours, etc is huge.
- Experience building working prototypes and testing layouts with Foundation
- Building practical IA using analytics data, heat maps, and best practices
- An active interest in photography
- An interest in concepting and storyboarding video projects
- Date Posted:
- Feb 19, 2014 2:22 PM PST
Wallop is a creative studio that specializes in website development, video production, and online marketing. We develop digital creative strategies to help our clients connect and engage their audience on the web. more