You’re standing in front of your desk and gesturing wildly. The sun from the window glints off the frames of your glasses and momentarily casts a rainbow over the faces of your peers standing in front of you. You pause and smile, fully aware that this heavenly arrangement isn’t a dream. They stand here for you, ready to critique your latest website designs.
We’re looking for a sparkling new Designer to help us with our digital marketing projects (that means websites, banners, and jazz). If you’ve proven yourself in the world or you're just full of ambition and fresh out of design school, we want you to join our growing and award-winning team so we can continue to help small business owners change the world.
The design team at FreshBooks, which you will be a key player on, is responsible for researching, defining, delivering, and testing tools and communication for small business owners that help them get paid for the work they love to do. We allow these fine folks to do what they do best by taking the headache of bookkeeping and accounting and making it so simple for them that they forget it was ever a pain.
Here’s what we can offer:
Make an impact that makes a difference
FreshBooks is a stable and prosperous startup founded in 2003 that has helped thousands of small businesses get paid billions of dollars for the work they love to do. Join one of Canada’s leading design teams, cheerfully focused on making the lives of our hard working customers better.
Work on a brand that millions of people use
Focus your efforts in one place and bask in the satisfaction of personally crafting design work that gets seen by millions people. Your work at FreshBooks is work you will own, improve upon, and learn from every day.
Never stop growing
We believe that there is always more to learn. A job at FreshBooks includes access to a group of passionate peers engaged in their work that is second to none. We regularly engage in book clubs, workshops, lectures, life drawing, design challenges and critiques. Seriously, design is important to us, this stuff matters.
An environment you can be proud of
Work in an awe-inspiring, creative work environment in Toronto’s trendy west end. Enjoy a workplace full of laughter where no one is ever too busy for a game of ping-pong, or a ruthless game of trampoline dodgeball (yes, you read correctly and we have the scars to show for it).
In return for this opportunity, here’s what we’ll expect you to deliver:
- Take marketing concepts and strategy and turn them into compelling, conversion-oriented website designs and digital advertising communications that help continue to drive millions of small business visitors to our website.
- Take a user-centric “design thinking” approach to creative problem solving, including tackling difficult problems by actually talking to customers, user testing and responding pro-actively to feedback.
- Work with our team to build industry leading website, landing page and digital marketing design, strategy and process.
- Be prepared to take your passion for design and apply it at every level, from a banner ad all the way up to a website re-design.
We need you to have:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- A strong portfolio of website and digital advertising designs and a healthy curiosity and ambition for everything else.
- Real world experience or equivalent education making and maintaining user interface and user experience design decisions for consumer class websites and digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience working with and establishing design guidelines.
We hope you have:
- Experience with user-centric design principles (user research, user testing etc.)
- Some experience with direct marketing
- A straightforward design approach with a sincere desire to create fun and playful design experiences
- A sense of humor and irreverence
- A quirky hobby
If you think you've got what it takes then send us your resume along with your online portfolio!
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more