Web Developer – Client Platform Engineeringâ¨
shomi is a new kind of video streaming service and we’re looking for an all-star Web Developer to join our Client Platform Engineering team.
Created for entertainment lovers by entertainment lovers, shomi combines the best of technology with human curation to make discovering TV shows and movies nearly as enjoyable as watching them. And HEY! We’re made in Canada.
Us: Imagine working for an exciting, entrepreneurial start-up where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s shomi. Right now, we are looking for talented individuals to join our team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and do what you love.
shomi is currently seeking a highly experienced web developer with leading-edge skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing fast and efficient code as a member of our development team. The successful candidate will work closely with Product Management, Operations, Infrastructure, QA and external software teams to ensure our applications are top tier.
- Developing new features for shomi.com and related web presences â¨
- Iterating on and optimizing existing functionality on shomi.com â¨
- Creating and maintaining web-based tools for internal and external users to support the suite of shomi applications â¨
- Supporting forward-looking features with technical designs for user interfaces, components, and 3rd party service integrations â¨
- Participating in Scrum agile practices â¨
- Evaluating new applicable technologies and developing POCs â¨
- Live the shomi values: Be Scrappy, Have Fun, Everyone Works in the Innovation Department, Care Like Crazy, Quality is Key, and We Win and Lose as a Team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience front-end web development
- Experience developing against an ASP.NET/C# back-end
- Experience developing against secure REST APIs
- Experience with large public-facing website architecture, optimization and support
- Experience in building compelling and intuitive user interfaces for the web
- Experience working in Agile – and more specifically Scrum – would be an asset
- Experience developing applications with node.js would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing team
- Knowledge of current and upcoming web development APIs and standards
- Excellent written and spoken English a must
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols, Content Distribution Networks, and related video technologies is desirable
shomi is a joint venture of Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**no headhunters, please
- Date Posted:
- Jan 25, 2016 12:42 PM PST
- Shomi Partnership
- Shomi Partnership
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
shomi is a new kind of subscription video streaming service that launched November 2015. Created for entertainment lovers by entertainment lovers, shomi combines the best of technology with human curation to make discovering TV shows and movies nearly as enjoyable as watching them. And HEY! We’re made in Canada. more