Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, among other games. Relic was founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles, and have a life. Relic is based out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada, a city that has breath-taking mountain and ocean views, along with snowboarding and skiing, golfing year-round and amazing hiking trails. If you love games, enjoy working collaboratively with smart, creative people, and have diverse personal interests outside of work – you’ll enjoy our culture.
What you will be doing:
• Write back-end code using PHP and exposing community web api’s from a java-based server
• Work as a team member to ensure that implementation details translate through to shipping products and services that serve business needs.
• Collaborate with designers, other front-end developers and back-end engineers to refine the user experience
• Show strong inter-personal and communication skills, including clear and concise writing
• Interface with the UI and developer communities to absorb the latest trends and emerging technologies
What you should have:
• 3+ years of relevant web programming experience
• Strong portfolio of interactive internet sites/applications
• Must demonstrate strong interaction and rapid prototype engineering skills
• Experience with PHP, Java, Memcache/Redis, MySQL
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for UI design and development
• Experience in the game industry is a bonus
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Computer Science degree or equivalent
• A love for games!
- Date Posted:
- May 23, 2014 7:53 AM PDT
- Relic Entertainment
Bring together compelling, interactive storytelling and award-winning 3-D Real-Time Strategy (RTS) game-play and you'll understand why Relic Entertainment earns high praise from players and industry experts alike who salute the studio's vision to become the best RTS game developer in the world. Founded in 1997 by Alex Garden and Luke Moloney in Vancouver, Canada (a city conducive by nature to nurturing great game... more