Pixel Union is looking for a web developer to join our team in Victoria or Vancouver B.C. We’re a small team, dedicated to refining the experience of prefabricated design on the web. We’re looking for a core member that wants to help customers bring their vision to reality.
What we’re looking for:
• You need to love what you do and be excited to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest techniques.
• The ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of hands on experience in the development space coupled with a solid understanding of core programming concepts, theories and patterns, and the ability to apply the correct ones to a given problem.
• You have experience with the Shopify platform and have worked with Liquid and Timber.
• You aren’t afraid of Coffeescript or Sass and possess exceptional HTML5 and CSS3 skills
• You’re comfortable with Photoshop and Sketch.
• We prefer people who also have experience outside of development so you can bring perspective to your work; an understanding of how real people use technology.
What you’ll be doing:
• Collaborating closely with other developers and designers building theme products for a variety of platforms (Tumblr, Wordpress, Shopify, Ghost etc.).
• Managing and refining our back catalogue — squashing bugs, adding features, making the user experience better.
• Creating tools to make everyone’s, including your own, job easier.
• Determining appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and making relevant recommendations
• Communicating any progress and/or delays efficiently and accurately
What we offer:
• Exciting work. The White House, MoMa and Yale all use our themes. You’ll be working on products that people know and love.
• Flexible work. We don’t want you to get burnt out or bored. We’re happy to shuffle you around production lines every now and then to mix things up.
• Flexible work hours. It’s all about maintaining quality and knocking off deadlines.
• Unlimited vacation time. We want you to be doing the best work of your life. That means managing burn out and taking some time to develop yourself culturally.
• A brief introduction without any jargon or cover letter awkwardness.
• Resume in MS Word or PDF Format.
• Work samples.
Send the team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks for reading!
- Date Posted:
- Dec 10, 2014 12:00 PM PST
At Pixel Union, we spend every day supporting and improving the way people publish content online. We’re an enthusiastic group of designers, developers, writers, and artists, and we channel that energy into making pixel-perfect work to complement your own. more