Position Summary and Responsibilities:
United Way Ottawa is searching for a Web Developer to join our team.
The Web Developer is responsible for developing, managing and enhancing the technical infrastructure of United Way Ottawa’s websites, including main sites, microsites and partner-managed sites.
The position requires someone who is more than a coder. You will need to be a consultant, a project manager and a developer who is able to solve problems, prioritize, strategize and work with stakeholders internally and externally to improve web development processes and to produce creative, reliable solutions to help the organization reach its objectives.
The Web Developer is responsible for building new websites from concept to completion from the bottom up, developing everything from the home page to site architecture and functionality in line with the organizations objectives. The position is also responsible for maintaining and updating existing sites, helping to improve functionality and usability.
The organization uses a wide range of platforms and reaches audiences across many online channels and therefore the position requires someone with a broad range of skills and experience with both front and back end development.
Your Key Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
• Work closely with internal/external partners to gather requirements, plan, design, develop, configure, test, deploy and support CMS-based websites
• Optimize existing sites to ensure they are providing the best service to customers, are maximizing revenue opportunities, and are future-proofed against new technological advances
• Ensure sites are mobile-responsive, plugins are implemented or developed to increase efficiency, code is clean and scalable, all development is well documented
• Develop custom applications/modules for a CMS environment
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers and other key stakeholders to implement strategic processes to help in the development and enhancement of websites
• Identify areas that can be automated/improved and turn that into functionality from start to finish
• Advising on technology integration in order to bring ideas from concept to implementation
• Continually improving skill sets to stay on the cutting edge of web development
A complete job description is available upon request.
The Web Developer must have an excellent knowledge of programming and best practices in web development. He or she must have had experience working on complex content centered websites, and be an organized and outgoing team-player ready to develop and implement strategies quickly and efficiently.
• Mobile development experience (responsive design implementation)
• Code base management, versioning (e.g. SVN, GitHub)
• Assets: experience in app development, knowledge of A/B testing and conversion optimization
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to manage conflicting priorities and develop solutions
• Knowledge of current web-design best practices, techniques and related technologies (CRMs, database solutions, CMS)
• Attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English (French an asset)
• Project management, organizational/time management skills with teams and individually
• Creativity, flexibility, initiative and willingness to learn new programs/technology
Salary: $65,000 - $72,000
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence by September 13, 2014 to email@example.com. Please quote the competition number (2014-20A) when submitting your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 4, 2014 7:10 AM PDT
- United Way Ottawa/Centraide Ottawa
For more than 75 years, you’ve probably known United Way Ottawa as a fundraiser - but we do more than that, a lot more. Times have changed and so have the needs of our community and the expectations of donors – so we have changed too. United Way Ottawa does more than just raise money and give it out to organizations doing good in the community – our promise is to make sure that your donation goes to where our... more