Éminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Our products embody half a century of herbal craftsmanship and experience, and several centuries of unsurpassed skin rejuvenation techniques unique to Hungary. All of our products are handmade, using only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals. Our ingredients are handpicked and hand harvested to ensure premium quality. Every ounce of Éminence products receives personal attention to produce and package.
Éminence cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell.
Éminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Éminence is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Éminence has been voted “Favourite Skin Care Line” and “Favourite Educator” for seven consecutive years by skin care professionals and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Éminence has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Since Éminence’s arrival in North America, Éminence’s business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 50 countries - Currently with over 200 team- members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Éminence has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, and Passionate Dedication.
The Web Developer is responsible for developing and enhancing Éminence’s existing website to create an industry leading ‘best in class’ website. The role will provide technical leadership and assume overall technical accountability for successful implementation of all website development projects and new functions. The Web Developer is responsible for leading the technical aspects of developing reusable, scalable and maintainable website solutions.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Web Developer reports directly to the Digital Manager and will work closely with the Digital Marketing team and cross-departmentally throughout the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Systems Maintenance (Drupal)
• Manage long-term maintenance, performance, upgrades and other system wide changes
• Troubleshoot and debug issues
• Develop and modify systems, based on Drupal codebase
• Design and build stored procedures
• Perform maintenance programming for existing implementations
• Design, develop and implement internal and external web presence
• Analyze, design and implement database structures
• Manage integration between website(s) and internal systems and databases
• Design and develop the technical solutions to improve the website, including coding of all changes
• Act as website architect for the current enhancements and future development
• Analyze business requirements and assess impact/integration with existing database architecture
• Analyze, plan, and make recommendations to meet 24x7 uptime requirements of databases (involving server acquisitions, clustering, backup plans etc.)
• Ensure data integrity using foreign key constraints, unique indexes, etc.
• Plan for the eventual retirement of heritage systems and the elimination or archiving of data
Website User Experience
• Contribute ideas for Eminence’s innovation and continual improvement for the user experience
• Incorporate excellence in design of navigational organization, usability, and accessibility of the website
• Ensure website compatibility with professional user and Customer-specific browsers and platforms
Cross Departmental Support
• Collaborate with the Information Technology/Process Improvement department on web-based projects
• Document code and report on project deliverables
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3 - 5 years' experience developing applications and websites using the Drupal framework including working with Content Types, Fields, Taxonomy, Views, Panels, Features, Modules, etc.,
• Experience with and knowledge of Form, Entity and Views APIs, feature modules, the theming layer, Ajax interfaces, and other advanced topics in Drupal
• Performance optimization of Drupal systems and MySQL databases
• Modern PHP web development (PHP, RESTful APIs, JSON)
• Experience consuming open and/or private APIs such as Facebook, Twitter and Google; experience working with Drupal functions and API
• Experience leading successful web development phases of projects from resource alignment, coding, testing, launch and post launch support is preferred
• Experience using best practice version control methodologies and tools is preferred
• Experience with interfaces and web services is preferred
• Performance tuning/understanding of Drupal caching layers is preferred
• Experience in application security roles and authentication practices is preferred
• Drupal Core or module maintainer or contributor an asset
• Active in Drupal community (Drupal.org profile, local user groups, etc.) an asset
• ASP and C# programming experience an asset
• Proven knowledge and understanding of Linux/UNIX and Windows environments
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interface well and effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical team-members
• Strong commitment to personal excellence and high quality coding standards
• Solution focused and methodical; careful attention to detail
• Capable problem solver who follows rigorous logic to bring effective solutions to complex problems
• Strong ability to analyze complex technical and administrative information, identify relevant concerns, recognize alternatives, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and communicate these with end users and management
• Ability to write clear and detailed technical specifications and documentation
• Ability to consistently develop clean, semantic, valid markup
• Ability to multitask and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Éminence Organic Skin Care Web Developer
How to Apply: Please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com with ‘Web Developer’ in the email subject line.
For more information on Éminence Organic Skin Care, please visit www.eminenceorganics.com
The Application - Note – we are still accepting applications for this position!
Closing Date for applications: 11:59pm PST on Tuesday, April 26th, 2016
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Medical and Dental Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway and Cambie, Vancouver, BC, Canada at Éminence Central Office
- Date Posted:
- Apr 21, 2016 2:30 PM PDT
- Eminence Organic Skin Care
- Eminence Organic Skin Care
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Éminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Éminence is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today. Éminence has been voted “Favourite Skin Care Line” and “Favourite Educator” for seven consecutive years by skin care professionals and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa... more