FreshBooks is the #1 cloud accounting solution designed for small business owners. Since 2004, over 5 million people have used FreshBooks for tracking time, organizing expenses and invoicing clients online and in the cloud. We're a small team working towards a common goal: building an awesome online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Web Developer
In this position, you will:
- Translate design files into functional code, ensuring page performance and browser compatibility
- Develop pixel perfect designs that meet design specifications
- Test and debug pages across browsers, platforms, and devices
- Manage scalable, cross platform code across freshbooks.com
- Keep the site up to date with the latest content
- A deep understanding of concepts like progressive enhancement and mobile responsive design
- Experience writing semantic markup that complies with W3C standards
- Experience with cross browser testing and code debugging
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience with a template language (e.g., Twig, Smarty, Jinja) is a plus
- Understanding of version control and using git repositories
- Expertise in performance optimization using tools like PageSpeed/YSlow
- A basic knowledge of SEO and landing page optimization concepts
- Experience developing custom templates / themes for CMS's (e.g., Wordpress, Drupal)
- Experience with Sass, LESS, and client side performance optimization a big plus
- Basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and web server technology
Why join Product Development at FreshBooks?
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company can be, and have the opportunity to help shape the software we deliver in a world-class start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
FreshBooks is also a fantastic place to work. Wit the benefits of both a startup (ambitious coworkers, a fun and laid back environment, unique employee-led activities) and a company with traction (a great health plan, parental leave, great work life balance), we’ve got you covered. Check out more at freshbooks.com/jobs
Does this sound like it might be worth exploring more? Submit your application today, and our friendly recruitment team will be in-touch shortly.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 10, 2014 2:57 PM PST
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more