Pixel Union is looking for web developers to join our team in Victoria or Vancouver B.C. We’re a small team, dedicated to refining the experience of prefabricated design on the web. We’re as frustrated with the state of theming as you are, and we’re working our butts off to make it better for everyone. We’re looking for core members that want to bring that vision into reality.
What we’re looking for:
● You need to love what you do and be excited to keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest techniques.
● The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of core programming concepts, theories and patterns, and the ability to apply the correct ones to a given problem.
● You aren’t afraid of Coffeescript or Sass. You love HTML5, CSS3, AJAX and jQuery. You’re comfortable with Photoshop and Sketch.
● We prefer people who also have experience outside of development so you can bring perspective to your work; an understanding of how real people use technology.
What you’ll be doing:
● Collaborating closely with other developers and designers building theme products for a variety of platforms (Tumblr, Wordpress, Shopify, Ghost etc.).
● Managing and refining our back catalogue — squashing bugs, adding features, making the user experience better.
● Creating tools to make everyone’s, including your own, job easier.
What we offer:
● Exciting work. The White House, MoMa and Snoop Dog (Snoop Lion?) all use our themes. You’ll be working on products that people know and love.
● Flexible work. We don’t want you to get burnt out or bored . We’re happy to shuffle you around production lines every now and then to mix things up.
● Flexible work hours. We all meet at the office between 2 and 4 but otherwise, you set your own work hours. It’s all about maintaining quality and knocking off deadlines.
● Unlimited vacation time. Let’s be honest: two weeks a year is bullshit. We want you to be doing the best work of your life. That means managing burn out and taking some time to develop yourself culturally.
● A brief introduction without any jargon or cover letter awkwardness.
● Resume in MS Word or PDF Format.
● Work samples.
Send the team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for reading!
- Date Posted:
- Jul 10, 2014 4:42 PM PDT
At Pixel Union, we spend every day supporting and improving the way people publish content online. We’re an enthusiastic group of designers, developers, writers, and artists, and we channel that energy into making pixel-perfect work to complement your own. more