We have an immediate opening for a full-time Web developer.
We’re one of Canada’s leading design and development firms specializing in the ExpressionEngine CMS. You’ll be working on interesting and meaningful projects, using the latest tools and techniques.
The most interesting applicant will have many of the following skills at the “Very Fine”, “Near Mint” or “Mint” level, in something approximating this order:
- PHP (CodeIgniter)
- HTML / CSS
- Common Web service APIs
- Server administration (LAMP stack)
- Web hosting and DNS management
In addition, experience using version control systems, doing unit testing, and building mobile / responsive websites will be considered a big checkmark in the “Pro” column.
What are the other requirements?
- Self-starter with healthy curiosity
- Tenacious attitude towards problem solving
- At least a few years of experience working in Web development
- Good at hitting deadlines with a thump
- Excellent written communication skills
Who can apply?
- you must want a permanent position i.e. not part-time or contract
- you must be able to start immediately i.e. you can give notice now
- you should live, or be willing to live, in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- you should be able to work in Canada
Who are we?
- We’re a 12-year-old company with a focus on media, non-profits and educational Web sites.
- We’re fun to work with (if we’re allowed to say that about ourselves [we are -ed.]), and our clients are excellent as well; there are no waterfall death marches here.
- We are located in downtown Vancouver, and we have an open, collaborative work environment (no closed doors).
- We pay a competitive wage tied to experience.
- We work hard, but also have lives outside of work.
To apply, send a cover letter, your resume, and links to Web sites you’ve built. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don’t send your resume as a Word document. We mean it.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 30, 2014 2:38 PM PDT
- Hop Studios